How to Bite Back at Summer Bugs!
JUNGLE FORMULA EXTRA STRENGTH INSECT REPELLENT, £5.89
Douse yourself in an insect repellent – this one protects you from bites, stings and irritations for up to ten hours. It might not be as fragrant as Chanel No5, but you’ll thank us when you spend the entire summer bite-free!
ZANZA-CLICK ZAPPER, £6.15
This handy little device really provides relief on existing insect bites. It works by surging short electrical impulses directly to the bite – but don’t worry, it’s effectively painless. It’s quite a satisfying little ‘zap’, too.
AFTER BITE, £3.89
Calm the irritating itch of an insect bite by applying this soothing lotion to the affected area. Not only will it help calm down mosquito bites, it’ll also provide relief against stings by horse flies, wasps, bees, jellyfish and nettles. A great all-round product.
• Insects love the sweet scents of perfumes and body lotions, so avoid using these if you can.
• However tempting it is, do NOT scratch an itchy bite! It can cause an infection, making a bad situation worse.
• If you notice a swelling or begin to feel ill, contact a doctor immediately. You could be allergic to the bite. Better safe than sorry.
• Always have ice (or a good ol’ bag of frozen peas) stashed away in the freezer, it’s ideal to help soothe the irritation.
• Be aware of the risks. When holidaying in areas where the risk of catching diseases from insects are higher (Africa, Asia & South America), consult your doctor before jetting off to see if you need any vaccinations.